As a congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, Salem Lutheran Church believes:
- In one Triune God—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior.
- The Bible is the holy and inspired word of God and is source and norm for our faith and life.
- In the Christian faith as professed in the creeds of the early church: the Apostles’ Creed and the Nicene Creed.
- In one baptism through which one is made part of the Christian family.
- We baptize both infants and adults trusting God who is at work in baptism.
- Through the Holy Spirit, God gives us the faith to receive baptism.
- God is at work in the world. We are called to share in God’s work by loving our neighbor and using the gifts that the Holy Spirit has given to each of us to bear witness to Christ.
For more information on the teachings and beliefs of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America please visit http://www.elca.org/Faith/ELCA-Teaching